1. Mix the butter, water and milk together in one bowl. Mix the flour and the yeast together in the bowl of your electric stand mixer.
2. Using your electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle, combine the egg, the liquid mixture and the flour altogether. Then mix on medium speed until a sticky dough is formed.
3. Form the dough into a ball, and allow to rise in a warm moist environment for approximately 20-30 minutes.
4. On a well-floured surface, roll the dough into a square between 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick (depending on how thick you want your muffins to be). Cut into 4 inch circles using a cookie cutter.
5. Allow the muffins to rise for approximately 25-45 minutes or until they double in bulk.
6. Sprinkle lightly with corn meal, then bake slowly on a heavy griddle or frying pan for 7-9 minutes per side depending on thickness.